Fishing season officially starts March 15th, 2010 here in Kansas with the paddlefish season! Get your fishing licenses now! Yearly fishing licenses in Kansas expire on December 31st. You can get your fishing license at most lakes and ponds that allow public fishing as well as hunting and sporting good stores and even Walmart. This … Read more

Fishing Licenses, Scuba Gear, Where to Fish

Biological Psychology: Foundations of Biopsychology

Karla News

Foundations of Biopsychology – The origin of every thought, emotion, and behavior starts in the brain. This describes biological psychology which in the past was called physiological psychology or behavioral neuroscience. The term physiological was used because of the methods that were put to use in which to experiment on the brain. Examples of these … Read more

Biopsychology

Top Ten Songs by Johnny Cash

Karla News

1. “Man in Black” written in 1971 by Johnny Cash explaining why he wears black and from the album Man in Black. 2. Ring of Fire” written by June Carter and Merle Kilgore in 1962, this song reveals Carter’s feelings about her relationship with Cash during his drug addiction. From the album Ring of Fire: … Read more

Johnny Cash, Sun Records

Opinion and Editorial

Vermont and Minnesota Digitizing Old Survey Maps

Karla News

Minnesota Historical Society has long been a recognized leader in making history accessible to the public. Other states are also stepping up to meet the challenge. Vermont announced on November 25, 2007, that it would make many 18th Century maps available in digital format from the state archives. Picture men in woolen clothing hauling heavy … Read more

Alternative Medicine

Cinnamon – the Medicinal Uses

Karla News

Found in the inner bark of the tropical evergreen tree, there are approximately between 50 and 250 different species of cinnamon. A native of Sri Lanka, cinnamon grows best among the coastal strip of Columbo. The two main varieties of cinnamon include cinnamomum cassia and cinnanonuim zeylanicum. In ancient Egypt, cinnamon was mainly used as … Read more

Food & Wine

Favorite St. Petersburg, FL Farmers’ Markets

Karla News

I recently visited two of my favorite farmers’ markets in St. Petersburg, FL. The sights, sounds, aromas, and food selection were awesome. I have included a link to a slide show highlighting my recent visits to both locales. Growing Green Farms Farmers’ Market Also known as Graham’s Fresh produce, the exterior of this local farmers’ … Read more