Earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis – disasters lurk on every continent and in any weather. Throughout the years more and more focus has been placed on techniques for surviving such catastrophes. We’ve learned to run to a basement or low land should a tornado strike and we’ve also learned more now about earthquake safety in recent years. … Read more

The History of Going Green

Karla News

Following the “gas shortages” of the 1970’s, most of the science fair projects at my high school were aimed at new ways to power the planet using passive and active solar, hydroelectric and geothermal energy. People would have stared at you if you asked them to reduce their “carbon footprint” and any variation of words … Read more

Hho

Food & Wine

Stop & Shop Tomato Sauce

Karla News

After recently opening a can of Stop & Shop Tomato Sauce and utilizing it in more than one dish, I came to the conclusion that this canned tomato sauce is the best tasting variety of plain canned tomato sauce I have eaten yet. Before trying this item, I pretty much thought that canned tomato sauces … Read more

TRAVEL

Haunted Places in Little Rock, Arkansas

Karla News

When it comes to super natural ghostly activity, you either believe in ghosts and fear them, believe in them and find that in searching for proof that they really do exist, and that it is exhilarating, or you are a non-believer that shrugs it off as the house settling or that your eyes are just … Read more

Food & Wine

Easy Chicken Fajita Pizza – Recipe

Karla News

This recipe provides a quick way to put together a lunch or dinner with a twist. This is the perfect recipe for use when entertaining or when enjoying cooking outdoors. Among non-traditional pizza recipes, this is one of my all-time favorites. So, if you are looking to bring a bit of Italian/Mexican fusion to your … Read more